The Cytotoxic Laundry Bag has been created in partnership with NSW Healthshare Linen Services and Zero Pac.
Previous to the Cytotoxic Laundry Bag, nurses in the Oncology ward would manage Cytotoxic Linen* in the same manner as linen used throughout the hospital or the linen would be incinerated. Nurses and laundry team were exposed to the Cytotoxic residue that was left on the linen. This caused an OHS Risk.
Benefits of the Water Soluble Cytotoxic Laundry Bag:
- Indirectly effected linen can be bagged and identified without exposure to the linen by any team members.
- Cytotoxic Linen is easily identified.
- OH&S risk is mitigated.
- Drastically reduces incineration. By reducing incineration we reduce the negative impacts on the environment.
How to use Water Soluble Cytotoxic Laundry Bag:
- Oncology nurses bag the linen into the Water Soluble Cytotoxic Laundry Bag.
- The Water Soluble Cytotoxic Laundry Bag is left in the designated drop zone.
- Laundry team collects Water Soluble Cytotoxic Laundry Bag and transports it to the designated Cytotoxic Washing Machine.
- The impervious bag is removed.
- The Water Soluble Cytotoxic Laundry Bag is placed in the washing machine unopened.
- The Water Soluble Cytotoxic Bag completely breaks down, leaving linen with no OHS Risk.
*Cytotoxic Linen – Cytotoxic Linen is linen that has been indirectly contaminated by the bodily fluids of a patient who has received Cytotoxic Drugs. That includes urine feces, perspiration and blood from a patient who has received the drug in the last 7 days.
Contact our friendly team to book a Free Waste Audit today.
Call (02) 9161 1633